Annual Community Events
There are many wonderful ways to enjoy and support our school community. Here are the upcoming events you can support in 2016:
- 'Back to school bash' - our first assembly at 9am on the first day of the beginning of the school year provides key messages for the children and creates a lot of energy through fun community activities
- End of term 'shout out' assemblies - these 20 minute assemblies occurring in the last 20 minutes of the last day of each term celebrates learning and creates community spirit.
- Family picnic – this happens early in Term 1 and is a great chance to get together with friends and family and have dinner and a chat at the school while taking in a lovely summer evening!ANZAC Day assembly – look at the school calendar to identify the date for this special assembly
- Movie Night – we will hold a movie night in the hall to raise funds for an important school project
- PJ and Pancake Day in May – this is a pancake breakfast that raises funds for the Asthma Foundation
- Mother’s Day Classic – every year Ainslie School puts in a team and tries to win the largest school team
- Cake and Savory Food Stall to support Ainslie School being a polling booth for the Federal and State elections
- Book Fair – held in book week to encourage students to read books.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation – every year Ainslie School puts in a team to support this worthy cause.
- Musical Soiree – an evening event showcasing our students musical talent
- School Fete – is held on the first Saturday in November
- School Concert - is held in the first week of December each year
- School Speech Day - is held in the last week of school each year
- Year 6 Graduation - is held in the last week of school each year