Parents & Citizens Association
The Ainslie School Parents & Citizen's Association (P&C committee) is a group of parents, carers and friends of the school which coordinates and manages a range of activities to support the school and its students. The P&C Association is also a link between the School Board, parents, carers and the school.
The P&C Association offers a great opportunity for all parents and carers to be involved in the school. Our P&C Association raises a significant amount of funds to support learning at the school and the school's facilities. Funds raised by the P&C committee have contributed to a range of projects including the school's music program, sports programs, canteen, playgrounds, end of year speech day, year 6 graduation and the vegetable gardens.
The P&C Association holds a general meeting once a term in the staff room at Ainslie School. These meetings are a great opportunity to find out what is happening in the school. It is also a way to bring any issues or ideas forward. Please come along and join in the discussions – we provide tea, coffee and delicious treats, and we promise you won't be "volunteered" for something (unless you want to!)
The office bearers for the P&C are as follows. Please feel free to contact any of them if you have a question about the P&C - if they can't answer it, then they will know who can!
President: Damien Ellwood
Treasurer: Alessandra Whiting
Secretary: Melynda McDonald
What we do:
The P&C Committee runs a range of great services and programs, both in school and outside of it, as well as fund raising to support the school. We always value any time you can spare to help make our school great!
- After School Care Program (known as Afters) provides before school care, after school care as well as holiday care programs.
- Canteen known as Oishii, is open 5 days a week and provides healthy and nutritious food for students and staff.
- Uniform Shop provides parents with the opportunity to purchase Ainslie School uniforms at the school, it is located in the school hall.
Other P&C programs include:
- Community gardens and chickens
- Book fair
- Outdoor grounds development
- "Ainslie Food": is Ainslie School's cookbook produced by the P&C. This beautiful book contains over 125 recipes and can be purchased for $25 from the school canteen. The proceeds from Ainslie Food contribute to the development of our outdoor grounds as great gathering and learning spaces. We will also direct the proceeds to further enhancing the learning environment that our passionate and skillful teachers can provide in our classrooms.
- Crazy Camel: each year students create a masterpiece that you can buy printed on calendars, cards, notebooks, diaries & iPhone covers. Students have also designed a range of celebration artworks which are also available. These products make great personalised gifts, especially for Christmas and birthdays, as well as beautiful keepsakes
- Events run by the P&C include:
- Tea and Tissues
- Welcome picnic
- Trivia night
- Car boot sale
- PJ and pancake day
- Crazy Camel
- School fete