Preschool at Ainslie School General Information
ACT public school wide date for enrolments for preschool are open. This year the enrolment open date is Wednesday 26 April 2017 (first day of term 2) for 2018 preschool program enrolments.
Next year the starting date will be Monday 30 April 2018 for 2019 preschool program enrolments.
Preschool education at Ainslie School
Ainslie School has two preschool sites, Baker Gardens Preschool and Reid Preschool. Each preschool has been assessed and achieved a rating of overall EXCEEDING the National Quality Standard. Educators work collaboratively to plan and implement high quality play based programs based on the school's purpose and vision statement as well as Belonging, Being and Becoming, the Early Years Learning Framework. We foster reciprocal, respectful relationships in our school community.
How do I enrol in an Ainslie School Preschool for 2018?
ACT public preschools have a system wide date for enrolments for preschool to open. This year the date is Wednesday 26 April 2018 (first day of term 2) for enrolment in 2018 preschool programs..
By enrolling your child into Ainslie School's Reid or Baker Gardens Preschools, your child will automatically move onto kindergarten at Ainslie School.
Enrolment forms and early entry eligibility procedures are available to download or complete online from the Parent guide page of the Education Directorate website. You will need to provide the following documentation to the Ainslie School front office between 8.30am-3.30pm Monday to Friday;
- Proof of child's age (birth certificate or passport)
- Immunisation record (if they have had their 4 year old immunisations)
- Proof of residence
In accordance with Education Directorate (ED) policy, the order in which we confirm enrolment at the Ainslie School preschool unit is:
- Children who live within our Priority Enrolment Area
- Siblings of children already at Ainslie School who live in the ACT
- Siblings of children already at Ainslie School who live in the NSW
- ACT children whose place of residence is out of our Priority Enrolment Area
Priority Enrolment Area for Ainslie School
Ainslie School's priority enrolment area includes the suburbs of Canberra City (Civic), Acton, Reid, Braddon and half of Ainslie (South Side of Wakefield Avenue and Wakefield Garden).
Other Relevant Information
Preschool consumables contributions
In place of a Stationery Consumables Pack, we ask preschool families to make a contribution towards consumable resources required to enhance the preschool program. This contribution will supplement resources supplied by Ainslie School and include such things as;
- Cooking ingredients
- Art and craft supplies
- Creative and performing art resources
- Early writing equipment
In 2017 this contribution amounted to $60 per semester.
As with all contributions in public schools, they are voluntary and where a family cannot meet that contribution in full or at all, the school equity fund will ensure all children's needs are met.
We greatly value your involvement and there are many ways that you can support your child's preschool education such as;
- Assisting on excursions
- Sharing special skills and talents
- Preschool Parent Committee
The preschool parent committee is a sub-committee of the Ainslie School P&C Association with a president, secretary and treasurer as formal positions. They assist the running of preschool through fundraising to update resources and helping to keep the environment safe and engaging.
Early Entry is offered to eligible families to meet the needs of their children in the early years of their education. Early Entry is only considered for children in the following categories:
- English as an Additional Language or Dialect
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander children
- Mobility (such as for Australian Defence Force personnel)
- Gifted and Talented children.
More information can be found within the relevant policies below or on the Education Directorate's website at http://www.education.act.gov.au/school_education/enrolling_in_an_act_public_school/parent-guide
- Early Entry for Children with English as an Additional Language or Dialect ( 104kb)
Early Entry for Children with English as an Additional Language or Dialect ( 752kb)
- Early Entry for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children ( 97kb)
Early Entry for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children ( 753kb)
- Early Entry for Mobility ( 95kb)
Early Entry for Mobility ( 731kb)
- Early Entry for Gifted and Talented Children ( 95kb)
Early Entry for Gifted and Talented Children ( 600kb)